Virtual Resource Fair - First-year Success Series
Our First-year Success Series will kick off its first event for Fall 2020 by offering a virtual resource fair available to all new students to attend. Learn more about all the resources NIU has to offer to ensure you are set up for success as a new Huskie!
A list of what resources that will be in attendance will be shared prior to the event.
NIU Virtual Campus Resource Fair – Instructions for students on how to attend and video chat with the NIU offices at the Virtual Campus Resource Fair:
- Log into your Huskies Get Hired (Symplicity) account at https://niu-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php
Trouble logging in: Click Forgot Password
Trouble connecting to Symplicity: Copy and paste the URL, https://niu-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php, into your browser.
Preferred Browsers: Chrome and Edge
- Navigate to Events | Career Fairs | NIU Virtual Campus Resource Fair | Attend
- Set your Status to Online
- Go to the Employer tab and search and filter to find campus resources of interest.
- To join a 1-on-1 chat click on Join Queue. The campus resources you are waiting for will show up under Upcoming Chats along with estimated wait times.
- When it’s your turn to video chat with a campus resource, you will see an alert pop up on the screen. Click on the alert to see instructions on how to video chat with the campus resource.
- When you are done with your video chat, click End Chat, and you can write notes and use it for follow up after the fair.
- When joining a chat, instead of downloading Teams, Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc., select the option to join the meeting online and it will be faster to join.
- You can stand in three queues at one time.
- You can also join group video chats by clicking on Group Chat. If you are in a group video chat, campus
- Resources can still contact you for 1-on-1 video chats.
- If you need to step away for a short break, set your Status to Busy.
- If you need to leave the fair, set your Status to Offline. You will be removed from any queues that you are currently in.
- When the fair is over, you can access your notes, the representative’s name and email, and use this information for thank you notes or other follow up.
Enjoy the fair!
Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 1:00 PM to 4:00 PMVirtual Event