Six Sigma Certificate - Yellow and Green Belt Classes at NIU Hoffman Estates
The College of Engineering and Engineering Technology offers four certificates in Lean Six Sigma.
Yellow Belt and Green Belt courses are combined for packaged registration and payment.
Course Certification Details
Yellow Belt: 1-day course
Yellow Belt Certification builds on the foundations taught in White Belt training and goes further in depth.
Topics: Lean: VSM, 5S, Mistake-proofing, Pull Systems, Little's Law, SMED, Takt Time, PDCA, Fishbone, Scatter Plots, Process Maps, Kaizen Events, Measurements, Continuous Improvement
Green Belt: 4-day course
You must complete Yellow Belt training before enrolling in a Green Belt course. In this course, you will dive deeper into DMAIC:
- Define: Origins of Six Sigma, SMART Problem/Goal Statement, CTQ Tree, SIPOC, Pareto Analysis, Stakeholder Analysis, COPQ, Project Charter
- Measure: Process Maps, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Measures and Metrics (DPU, FPY, DPMO), KPI Trees, Location and Spread, Sampling, MSA, MSA Drill Down, Gage R&R, Cp, Cpk, IMR and Run Charts
- Analyze: Source of Variation, ANOVA, Hypothesis Testing, p-Value, Simple Linear Regression, DoE
- Improve: Affinity Diagrams, FMEA, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Solution Storming and Selection, Solution Validation, Benchmarking
- Control: Project Management, Change Management, Control Plans, Poka - Yoke, Control Charts, Dashboard Tracking, Documentation
In-class activities include simulations during the training days.
You will be required to complete a small project and present your findings to a panel of judges in order to obtain a green belt. Depending on your availability and the organizational support you receive, it could take three to four months to complete the project.
Yellow Belt and Green Belt Course Package
Course dates include:
Yellow Belt - July 28, 2018
Green Belt - Aug. 4, 11, 18 and 25, 2018
Yellow and Green Belt Package cost: $1,800 per person (includes training material, lunch and refreshments)
Saturday, August 25 at 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
NIU Hoffman Estates
5555 Trillium Blvd., Hoffman Estates, IL 60192