Six Sigma Certificate - Black Belt Classes at NIU Hoffman Estates
The College of Engineering and Engineering Technology offers four certificates in Lean Six Sigma.
Course Certification Details
Black Belt: 5-day course
You must complete Green Belt training before enrolling in a Black Belt course. This course includes online modules on Lean and reviewing the concepts you learned in your Green Belt training.
- Day 1: Project Selection, Benchmarking, Change Management, FMEA - Design FMEA, Software FMEA, Reverse FMEA, FTA
- Day 2: Probability Distributions, Confidence Intervals, Operational Definitions, Data Transformations, DMAIV vs. DMADV, Regression, Contingency Tables
- Day 3: Multivariate Analysis, Transfer Functions, DOE - Randomization, Blocking, Replications, Factorial Design, Non-Parametric Tests
- Day 4: DFSS, QFD, Kansei Engineering, Factor Analysis, Knao Model, TRIZ, Pugh Matrix, RSM
- Day 5: Building Functional Teams, Facilitating Team Events, Executive Level Presentations
In-class activities include simulations during the training days.
You will be required to complete a small project and present your findings to a panel of judges in order to obtain a black belt. Depending on your availability and the organizational support you receive, it could take four to six months to complete the project.
Course dates include: Sept. 22, 29 and Oct. 6, 13 (tentative), 20, 27 (tentative), 2018
Black Belt Package: $3,500 per person (includes training material, lunch and refreshments)
Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
NIU Hoffman Estates
5555 Trillium Blvd., Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
No recent activity