President Staff Fellow Application Deadline
The Office of the President seeks to identify a member of the Supportive Professional Staff or Operating Staff interested in serving a year-long, full-time professional develop fellowship. The Office of the President Staff Fellow will be assigned special projects needed to carry out the functions of the Office of the President and will be afforded professional development opportunities. The fellow will be appointed for the 2023 Calendar Year and will report to the President’s Chief of Staff.
Goals of the fellowship program
- Expose the fellow to multiple facets of university leadership, administration and governance.
- Assist in the development of specific projects and/or university initiatives.
- Afford the fellow professional development opportunities that will assist them in their current role and better position the fellow for future roles.
- Develop a leadership pipeline at the university.
Qualifications for the Fellowship
Any full-time supportive professional staff, supportive professional staff with rank or operating staff without at least three years of leadership (e.g., supervisor, shared governance) responsibilities at NIU can be considered to serve as the fellow.
Other qualifications include:
- Understanding of the university vision, mission and values, strategic action planning framework, and the university goals.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently on high-level initiatives as well as to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours.
Conditions of the Fellowship
This will be a full-time fellowship and could require work outside of normal business hours. All applicants must receive permission from their supervisors to apply for the fellowship.
The fellow will receive a $75,000 salary or their current salary, whichever is higher. The salary and all benefits will be paid for by the Office of the President. The unit from which the fellow is selected will retain the fellow’s salary in its budget to help manage the employee’s duties during the fellowship period.
Responsibilities of the Fellow
The fellow will participate in the full range of activities of the Office of the President. Projects will include:
- Leadership and coordination of university-level initiatives.
- Assist in the development of shared leadership initiatives.
- Help plan and facilitate the Staff Professional Development Academy.
- Participation in, and support of, presidential events as needed.
- Other leadership opportunities, project management and duties as assigned.
To apply for the Office of the President Staff Fellow Program, please submit a résumé, cover email describing interest in the position, and letter of support from your supervisor to email@example.com no later than Friday, September 30, 2022. If you would like more information, please contact Michaela Holtz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Friday, September 30 to 11:59 PM