NIU Libraries’ Textbook Purchase Program
Northern Illinois University Libraries’ Textbook Purchase Program is now taking textbook purchase requests for Spring 2022 courses.
We buy ebooks with licenses which allow for unlimited users or print materials that are placed on two-hour library-use-only Reserve at the Circulation Desk. To submit a request, complete the Textbook Purchase Recommendation Form or contact Dee Anna Phares (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair of the Textbook Task Force.
Be aware that:
- Priority is given to high-priced books or materials which will be used in high-enrollment courses or courses with multiple sections;
- Precedence is given to materials that will be utilized for several semesters;
- Undergraduate and graduate course materials are eligible.
- Texts with single-user codes will not be purchased unless the faculty member notes that materials accessible only with a code will not be used in the course;
- Course packs and customized textbooks are not eligible for purchase;
- Loose-leaf and spiral-bound texts, which are easily damaged, are not eligible for purchase;
- Multiple copies of textbooks will not be purchased; and
- Not all materials requested will be purchased; selection is contingent on the available budget.
Note: During the Fall 2021 term, delivery of print textbook reserve purchases was seriously hampered by issues with the global supply chain; those issues continue, so please make requests early, and we ask for your patience as delays are beyond the control of NIU Libraries.
Saturday, January 29 at 4:00 PM
Sunday, January 30 at 4:00 PM
Monday, January 31 at 4:00 PM
Tuesday, February 1 at 4:00 PM
Wednesday, February 2 at 4:00 PM
Thursday, February 3 at 4:00 PM
Friday, February 4 at 4:00 PM
Saturday, February 5 at 4:00 PM
Sunday, February 6 at 4:00 PM
Monday, February 7 at 4:00 PM
Tuesday, February 8 at 4:00 PM