MPX Vaccine Clinic #2
The student health center will offer the second injection for students receiving their first injection on September 26. Additionally, to align with IDPH and CDC enhanced guidelines for the Jynneos vaccine, individuals needing their first vaccine can also make an appointment between 1:00 pm and 3:30 pm. The second vaccine dose will be given on Monday, November 21.
Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group Student Health Center @ NIU is currently offering the JYNNEOS vaccine by appointment only for students, faculty and staff.
JYNNEOS™ vaccine is a two-dose vaccine given under the skin 28 days apart.
At this time, vaccination is recommended for people with certain risk factors who are more likely to be exposed to the virus.
- Anyone regardless of sex, gender, or sexual orientation who:
- Had recent skin-to-skin contact or intimate contact with someone diagnosed with MPV.
- Exchanged goods or services for sex in the last six months.
- Is living with HIV, especially persons with uncontrolled or advanced HIV disease.
- Is eligible or currently taking PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) to help prevent infection with HIV.
- Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men, transgender, or nonbinary people who in the past six months have had:
- A new diagnosis of one or more nationally reportable sexually transmitted diseases (i.e., acute HIV, chancroid, chlamydia, gonorrhea, or syphilis). More than one sex partner.
- Sexual partners of people with the above risks.
- People who anticipate experiencing the above risks.
To schedule your appointment, please call Health Services at 815.306.2777.
Monday, October 24, 2022 at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Health Services Building, First Floor
385 Wirtz Dr, DeKalb, IL 60115