Great Professor Award nomination deadline
The Great Professor Award honors a faculty member who has contributed significantly to the education of University Honors students at NIU. The awardee is recognized at Honors Day April 23 and will receive $500. In addition, the awardee will prepare and present a talk to Honors students later this spring or early in the fall. Nominate a deserving colleague by 4:30 p.m. Feb. 17. Self-nominations are also accepted.
The nomination packet should include the following:
A nomination letter that outlines the contribution and impact of the nominee in University Honors education at NIU. An abbreviated CV (three page maximum) that focuses on teaching and engagement activities, especially as these pertain to the University Honors Program.
The award recipient will be someone who has made sustained contributions to the enhancement of Honors education through activities such as teaching, advising, directing research or artistry, or service. Specific examples may include:
- Developing departmental, college or University Honors curricula.
- Selection as Honors Faculty Fellow.
- Teaching Honors courses (seminars, stand-alone courses, mini-section and/or in-course contract).
- Engaging in Honors capstone advising.
- Advising/mentoring Honors students (career development, special cocurricular opportunities, study abroad).
- Supporting the Honors House living-learning community.
- Engaging in Honors-focused research or artistry.
- Offering special programming to Honors students.
Send completed nomination packets to Andrea Radasanu (email@example.com) by 4:30 p.m. Feb. 17. The University Honors Committee evaluates the submissions and chooses a recipient. Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions.
Friday, February 17