Engineering Job & Internship Fair - Virtual
(Students, see info for you at the bottom!)
Our job fairs showcase only engineering and engineering technology students. Almost 400 students attended the Spring 2020 Job & Internship Fair held in February 2020. These events are perfect for finding co-ops, internships, and part-time and full-time professionals. In fall 2020 the event will be held virtually. Employers will get the chance to video conference live with students who will be at the fair.
Why is a virtual fair a fantastic recruiting tool?
- Save money and time with no travel needed
- More reps can participate - up to 5
- Video conference with students (not just text chat)
- Interviews with students are automatically cued for you
- Student resumes are available for review in advance
- You determine the interview length of time, with the option to extend
Registration for Employers
Registration is $400. ($350 if you register before Sept. 15.) Nonprofit companies can register at a discounted rate of $200. Register for both Spring and Fall to receive a discounted rate of $650 for both events.
Current NIU employer partners with a Symplicity/Huskies Get Hired: log in to Huskies Get Hired (expedited registration)
Employers new to NIU without login to Huskies Get Hired: log in to sign up and register
Visit the Career Event Information for Students page and the calendar announcements for details on joining a virtual event and for updates. Below is detailed “how-to” instructions for attending a virtual event.
Be sure to attend the Career Fair Prep Virtual Workshop where you will learn valuable tips and tricks for navigating a virtual career fair, while also getting first-hand experience in the platform (Huskies Get Hired) where most of NIU’s virtual career fairs will take place this fall.
How to Navigate a Virtual Career Fair: Log into your Huskies Get Hired (Symplicity) account at
https://niu-csm.symplicity.com and click Student/Alumni. Navigate to: Resources | Document Library | How to Navigate a Virtual Career Fair
Quick Tour of Virtual Fairs for Students (Video): Log into your Huskies Get Hired (Symplicity) account at https://niu-csm.symplicity.com and click Student/Alumni. Navigate to: Resources | Document Library | Quick Tour of Virtual Fairs for Students
Planning to join the fair on your mobile device? You can download the Symplicity Careers & Jobs app:
If you need help on your resume or with interviewing, please visit the online resources available through Career Services for resume writing and interviewing. Contact Career Services with any questions that you may have.NIU Career Services email@example.com (815) 753-1642
Huskies Get Hired (Symplicity)--Virtual Career Fair Instructions for Students
1. Preferred Browsers: Chrome and Edge
Log into your Huskies Get Hired (Symplicity) account at https://niu-csm.symplicity.com and click
Trouble logging in: Click Forgot Password
Trouble connecting to Symplicity: Copy and paste the URL, https://niu-csm.symplicity.com, into
2. Navigate to Events | Career Fairs | Name of Fair you are Attending | Attend
3. Upload your resume, if you have not already done so. This is the only way to pass a resume to an employer during the fair.
4. Set your Status to Online
5. Go to the Employer tab and search and filter to find employers of interest.
6. To join a 1-on-1 chat click on Join Queue. The employer you are waiting for will show up under
Upcoming Chats along with estimated wait times.
7. When it’s your turn to video chat with an employer, you will see an alert pop up on the screen. Click on the alert to see instructions on how to video chat with the employer.
8. When you are done with your video chat, click End Chat, and you can write notes and use it for follow up after the fair.
9. When joining a chat, instead of downloading Teams, Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc., select the option to join the meeting online and it will be faster to join.
10. You can stand in three queues at one time.
11. You can also join group video chats by clicking on Group Chat. If you are in a group video chat, campus resources can still contact you for 1-on-1 video chats.
12. If you need to step away for a short break, set your Status to Busy.
13. If you need to leave the fair, set your Status to Offline. You will be removed from any queues that you are currently in.
14. When the fair is over, you can access your notes, the representative’s name and email, and use this information for thank you notes or other follow up.
Enjoy the fair!
Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 10:30 AM to 3:00 PMVirtual Event