Ask an Expert: The January 6 Insurrection, Constitutional Processes, and the Peaceful Transition of Power
The events of January 6 have shaken the nation, and many questions remain about what happened and what the nation’s response will and should be. Should the Cabinet invoke the 25th Amendment? What is sedition? What role does the National Guard play in protecting the safety of Congress? When is a protest really a riot?
We have asked a panel of NIU experts to respond to these questions and others that you might have about the January 6 insurrection, our constitutional processes and the peaceful transition of power. Our experts include:
- Dr. Marc Falkoff, Professor of Law
- Dr. Rosemary Feurer, Associate Professor of History
- Dr. Robert Jones, Professor of Law
- Dr. Mitch Pickerill, Chair and Professor of Political Science
- Dr. Artemus Ward, Professor of Political Science
- Dr. Simón Weffer, Associate Professor of Sociology
Please join us for a moderated discussion at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 14. The event will take place on Teams Live. Questions can be submitted in advance by emailing Mia Hannon. You’ll be able to ask questions in the chat box on the night of the event, and we will get to as many as possible during the event.
Thursday, January 14 at 7:00 PM to 8:00 PMVirtual Event