All-Majors Internship and Job Fair - Virtual via Huskies Get Hired
The NIU Career Services All-Majors Internship and Job Fair provides an opportunity for students and alumni to connect with employers for internships, full-time positions and part-time positions. The Internship and Job Fair is open to undergraduates, graduating seniors, graduate students, alumni and non-NIU candidates. The fair is free for candidates to attend.
For helpful tips to prepare to attend the fair and a list of registered employers: visit your Huskies Get Hired account or www.gethired.niu.edu. You will access the virtual fair via your Huskies Get Hired account. If you do not have a Huskies Get Hired account or need assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Candidate Instructions for Attending:
- Preferred Browsers: Chrome and Edge.
- Log in to your Huskies Get Hired (Symplicity) account and click on Student/Alumni.
- Trouble logging in? Click Forgot Password.
- Trouble connecting to Symplicity? Copy and paste the URL, https://niu-csm.symplicity.com, into your browser.
- Navigate to Events | Career Fairs | All-Majors Internship and Job Fair - Virtual via Huskies Get Hired | Attend
- Upload your résumé if you have not already done so. This is the only way to pass a résumé to an employer during the fair.
- Set your Status to Online.
- Go to the Employer tab and search and filter to find employers of interest.
- To join a one-on-one chat, click on Join Queue. The employer you are waiting for will show up under Upcoming Chats along with estimated wait times.
When it’s your turn to video chat with an employer, you will see an alert pop up on the screen requesting you to “Join Chat”. Click on the alert to see instructions on how to video chat with the employer. Please note: You must follow the instructions on the second screen (after the pop up) to click through to the actual video chat – the pop up alert will not connect you directly.
You can be in up to three queues at one time.
Employer Registration: Standard $400; Nonprofit/government $200; NIU department $0: includes one virtual fair booth and up to six attendees. Registration is available online:
- NIU Employer Partners: Log in to Huskies Get Hired (expedited registration)
- New Employers to NIU: Log in to Huskies Get Hired to sign up and register for fairs
Employers will access the virtual fair via their Huskies Get Hired account.
Access the fair via your Huskies Get Hired (Symplicity) account and click Student/Alumni.
Navigate to Events | Career Fairs | All-Majors Internship and Job Fair - Virtual via Huskies Get Hired | Attend
Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 10:00 AM to 3:00 PMVirtual Event