Recycled Boat Race

Tuesday, October 3, 2017
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM (CT)
East Lagoon
Event Type
Homecoming
Contact
Shavon Harden
Department
Campus Activities Board
Link
https://calendar.niu.edu/MasterCalendar/EventDetails.aspx?EventDetailId=41058

The objective of the race is to design and build a people-powered flotation device. At least 70% of the materials used to build the watercraft must come from the waste stream (things that would normally be put in the recycling or trash). The remaining 30% of the materials can be new (tape, nails, etc.). Points and medals/trophies will be awarded to the first, second, and third place finishers. The winning boats must be turned in to CAB after the race as they will be displayed at future races.

 Registration is required through Huskie Link. More information is available at https://niu.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/111762 

Registration deadline is Friday, September 22. 

NIU Boat Race

Get Directions
Event Date
Event Time
Title
Event Place